801 West 190th St. • New York, NY 10040
December 2, 2022
Dear Residents, Family and Friends,
Be advised that we have 13 residents that are currently identified as positive for Covid-19 in the facility. This cluster of covid cases has been identified on our 2nd floor. As a precaution, we are currently discouraging visiting. However, if you choose to visit, we ask that you follow the following measures:
- Visitors must wear a surgical mask, n95 or kn95 mask. A cloth mask may be worn but must be worn over the surgical, n95 or kn95 mask.
- Full PPE (N95 masks, Gowns, Gloves) should be worn if visiting a resident with a confirmed case of Covid-19 or recent exposure to a resident with Covid-19. Visiting anyone with an active case of Covid-19 is discouraged and visitors assume risk to their health in doing so.
- Please limit the time of your visit to no more than 30 minutes.
- You may only visit with 1 resident, do not socialize with other residents
- Visit may only occur in resident’s room (or out on pass)
- Maintain proper hand hygiene at all times
- We encourage all residents & visitors to be fully vaccinated & “boostered”
All visitors must have a negative Covid-19 test, either an at home rapid antigen test in the last 24 hours or a PCR laboratory test in the last 48 hours. This includes those who have had Covid-19 in the previous 90 days. The facility can provide an at home test for your use for visits upon request. If a visitor tests positive, they need to follow current isolation guidance and need to provide a negative test to resume visiting the facility.
Other actions we are taking to prevent the spread of Covid-19 include:
- Units that are affected will have rehabilitation treatments provided on the unit, not in the gym
- Limit group recreation activities, provide alternate individual activities
- All residents and staff with symptoms will be tested for Covid-19, even if fully vaccinated
- Meals served bedside, with dining rooms open only for residents requiring close supervision
- Positive residents placed in isolation/private room. Exposed roommates in private/isolation rooms.
- Negative residents with an out-on-facility pass may still leave facility, but not congregate in lobby, hallways
Visitation may be suspended, cancelled or revised on short notice at any time.
Thank you for your cooperation.
WE HAVE ESTABLISHED A HOTLINE FOR UPDATES REGARDING VISITATION. THE HOTLINE CAN BE REACHED AT (929) 388-1647